Senior UX Product Designer
About The Position
Why Genesys needs you:
We are investing 1 billion dollars in R&D over the next 4 years and need the right individuals to turn that investment into innovation. Genesys is bringing that innovation to customers through multi-cloud deployments in AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud. Connections matter, at certain times with greater urgency. Whenever the moment, our technology facilitates those connections creating an experience as a service. Our team members own their critical services and words like scalability, resiliency, and automation are at the heart of every line of code we write. As we continue to grow we are now seeking a Senior UX Product Designer to join the team.
Summary of the role:
At the root of Genesys is our passion for our customers and users in the form of Empathy. It's the basis for how we operate in everything we do. As a Senior Product Designer at Genesys, you’ll be helping create a whole new genre within the Customer Experience industry; Experience as a Service. This role is on our flagship product of AI for Sales and Marketing.
In this role, you’ll incorporate user-centered design principles to produce high-quality designs and prototypes that inspire, engage, and excite our users. You’ll collaborate with an international team of designers, evolving our design language while delivering innovative, best-of-class digital products by creating conceptual sketches, wireframes, user requirements, conceptual models, personas, and flow charts among others. You'll work collaboratively with a local Product Management and Engineering team to create frictionless user experiences as well as ensuring timelines and commitments are met.
As a valued member of the Product Design team, you are a go-to person, can work collaboratively or autonomously, and serve as an expert in user-centered best practices to people across the organization. As a confident communicator, you can work effectively in a multi-disciplinary team comprised of myriad levels of experience.
What you will do:
- Create digital assets that effectively communicate product function and intent, user interaction, and screen hierarchy.
- Produce user requirements specifications, conceptual models, personas, storyboards/scenarios, flow charts, conceptual sketches, wireframes, IAs, design prototypes, and visual design artifacts.
- Design and specify user interfaces using participatory and iterative design techniques, including observational studies, customer interviews, usability testing, and other forms of requirements discovery.
- Participate in product and feature ideation and conceptual development for web and mobile solutions, also taking into account responsive design considerations.
- Participate as a design lead to cross-functional teams that include: creative leads; designers; project managers; product managers; software developers; and QA.
- Effectively communicate design decisions to product teams, users, and leadership teams.
- Keep up with evolving design trends, technologies, and best practices.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time.
What you will bring to the role:
- 5+ years of proven experience designing software applications.
- Degree in any of the following: HCI, Interaction Design, Industrial Design, Visual Design, and/or related fields.
- Proven experience designing software applications for a global audience.
- Strong knowledge of interaction design processes and methodologies, particularly as applied to desktop & mobile products.
- Thrive in a fast-paced work environment that requires independent self-direction with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication.
- Proactive and takes ownership of producing positive results.
- Contributes as a valued team member and colleague with leaders at all levels.
- Demonstrates self-awareness and a desire for continual learning and personal development.
- Must possess the presentation skills and professionalism to project a professional image, both internally and externally.
- Have developed UX and/or User Interface (UI) designs for IT professionals.
- Experience working closely with engineering to champion design at every step.
- Have an online portfolio showing a mix of UX/UI design experience.
- Proficient in prototyping tools (Sketch, XD or Figma)
- Experience in Enterprise SaaS.
You can also sign up here: