Data Analyst - Intern
About The Position
The Data Analyst is responsible for transforming diverse data into integrated, actionable customer intelligence and strategy insights through hands-on techniques. This position plays a key role in advancing the organization to a data driven approach to solving problems and enable proactive consulting to internal business areas.
• Consult with internal stakeholders across the company to understand business process, identify opportunities, and develop analyses that lead to actionable insights that support business growth and efficiency.
• Collaborate with business users, technical staff to identify/understand available data sources. Help develop and guide data systems architecture and necessary data preparation and transformation requirements to support analytics efforts while considering current and potential change to business processes.
• Use diverse set of approaches including time-series, clustering, regression, and natural language processing to perform analysis into business areas and predictive behaviour modeling.
• Identify and prepare data sets including extraction, transformation and cleanup, and loading into appropriate software tool(s) for analysis. Design and build reports, dashboards, and applications using diverse software tool suite including SSRS, Tableau, R, R.Shiny, Python, , and, and others as needed or required.
• Prepare comprehensive summaries of analysis results, capturing data driven insights in a compelling manner and offering recommendations to drive strategy and shape business processes.
• Monitor and identify internal and external trends and opportunities to support company goals and develop and refine metrics and KPIs
• Intern in Economics, a quantitative social science, Mathematics, Statistics, or Computer Science.
• Highly motivated and able to work independently and in teams.
• Creative and innovative approach to solving problems with preference for team building.
• Demonstrated knowledge of statistics and advanced analytical techniques, and experience in mining, manipulating, and merging large and complex data sets from diverse sources.
• Strong knowledge of SQL, R and Python programming languages for data exploration, extraction and preparation.
• Extensive experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint); familiarity with Google Analytics and Tessitura a plus.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills for presenting results of data analysis and statistical models to all levels within the organization.